TruNorth® Solid Core (Composite Decking from $5.93/ft - Alberta North
The TRUNORTHDECK™ TruNorth Solid Core Composite Decking is great for new deck applications, renovations and resurfacing of existing decks. Boards are solid all the way through.
- Variegated Colours - $5.93 CAD/linear foot (Hazelwood, Ash Grey, Tigerwood, Amazon Grey, Tropical Walnut, and Brazilian Cherry)
- Sizes (W x H x L): 5-1/8 x 1 x 12', 5-1/8 x 1 x 16', 5-1/8 x 1 x 20'. Including installation clip, boards are 5-5/16 inches wide.
- Fast delivery, about 1 week depending on colour - pickup available too!
- For more information, please see the product description tab below.
CHOOSE HARDWARE (Automatically calculated)
Grooved or Square Edge, the TruNorth® Solid Core is a fully encapsulated solid core board that is available in 12 colours and backed by our 25-year warranty for fade and stain resistance. Square Edge, typically used for stairs/trim with screws, is only available in 16 and 20 ft lengths.
For grooved boards - must use Slide & Go® fastening clip application. Installation instructions here.
For square edge installation, use the Stainless Steel Screws and color-coded plugs and the composite driving tool. Installation instructions can be found here.
Need a deck builder? Contact us.
- Variegated Colours - $5.93 CAD/linear foot (Hazelwood, Ash Grey, Tigerwood, Amazon Grey, Tropical Walnut)
- Actual colour may vary slightly from website image
- Sizes (W x H x L): 5-1/8 x 1 x 12', 5-1/8 x 1 x 16', 5-1/8 x 1 x 20' . Including installation clip, boards are 5-5/16 inches wide.
- Fascia boards are 1 x 8 x 12' Nominal Size (Actual is 1/2" x 7 1/2" x 12'),
- Square boards only come in 16' and 20' lengths
- Weight: 12' board - 27.96 lbs, 16' board - 37.28 lbs, 20' board - 46.6 lbs
ALBERTA RESIDENTS PLEASE NOTE:
- There is no solid core grooved board available
- No solid colous or Brazilian Cherry (in TruEcono or TruNorth)
- Sq edge solid core TruNorth and non-grooved Clubhouse only in 20' length
Solid grooved board on both sides with Slide & Go® fastening clip application and capped to protect the colour from staining and fading over time. Grooved clipped boards are not recommended to be installed butt end to butt end. For butt end to butt end installation, use square edge boards.
Square Edge Boards
Solid deck board capped on both sides to protect the color from fading and abrasion over time. These boards can be used on stair treads, when picture framing a deck, and for breaker boards. Secured by surface fastening. Deck boards can even be used in a butt end to butt end application using recommended installation guidelines.
- Heat blocking capping
- No wood filler used
- Woodgrain appearance
- Long-lasting and durable
- No painting, staining, or sealing
- No splinters, slivers, or revealing nails
- Resistant to rotting, mold, fungi & pests
- Simple Slide & Go® fastening system
- 25 year limited warranty including Stain and Fade warranty
- CCMC (Canada) & ICC (USA/International) building code Approved
Don't know how much material you need?
To calculate the number of linear feet of decking needed, measure the square footage of your deck and multiply that by 2.28. Depending on the complexity of your deck it's advisable to add 10% for cut-off waste (Example: 10 ft. x 10 ft. = 100 square ft. x 2.28 = 228 linear feet plus 10% or 23 ft equalling 251 ft total). If you are ordering 12' boards, divide 12' into 251ft to calculate your quantity of boards, which would equal about 21 boards (this would be your quantity ordered). We have, however, made this easy for you by automating this calculation on this product page. Please note that the calculated accessories also have smaller packages in the accessory section if required.
To calculate how many fastening clips required, calculate 2.5 clips per square foot when joists are on 16” centers and 5 clips per square foot when joists are on 12” centers. The automated calculations on this page assume 16" centers, so if you're using 12" centers, please manually calculate your requirements and adjust the quantity accordingly. Please note that the automated calculations are used as a guide and we do not guarantee 100% accuracy on your requirements. We are not liable if you over or under-order your materials and any returns must comply with our returns policy.
Need to see deck photos for color ideas? See our idea gallery.
Want a free sample? Click here
Need a deck builder? Contact Us
How to install composite stairs video:
CCMC Canada Composite board Evaluation Report
INTERTEK Code Compliance Research Report Thermal & Moisture Protection CCRR-1019 (USA)
Minister’s Ruling (Ontario, Canada)
Enviroboard Decking Structural Report
All orders are processed within 2 business days. Our subsidized shipping costs are calculated upon checkout. Custom shipping quotes are also available for regions outside of standard shipping area, please email us at email@example.com for a custom quote. Shipments or deliveries will not occur on weekends or holidays. If you require a shipment on a weekend, please contact us to see if we can make an exception. If there are any delays in shipment, we will notify you. We aim to deliver the goods to your location within 5-10 business days of receipt of the order, although this is subject to product availability and other factors that could be beyond our control. We will contact you to confirm the shipping date. All deliveries are curbside/driveway. To view our returns policy, click here.
Installation Guide Download:
Composite Deck Building Substructure
Composite Deck Building Parallel
TruNorth Deck ProPlug Installation
Composite Deck Building Stair Installation
TruNorth Composite Fascia Installation
Composite Deck Building - Railings
Composite Deck Building - Railings
Trunorthdeck Composite Decking Commercial
We stand by the quality of our products and offer one of the best manufacturer composite decking warranties in the industry. To view the details of the manufacturer's 25 year warranty for TruNorth Decking products click here
Recently viewed products
Shipping rates and delivery estimates for decking and fence boards.
Shipping charges (in CAD) will depend on pre-tax order size and location. Shipping is FREE on orders over $20,000 (pre-tax and within shipping region - outside of that may incur additional charges). For orders less than that, the subsidized deck board shipping charges are $99+ depending on order size and locaton. Shipping for accessoires are charged separately. For remote regions, additional shipping charges may apply. You'll see your shipping charges before you checkout. We also offer pick up options as well at select locations. For pick up, you can reduce the lead time of your order by several days.